ScheduleDefault

ID_ScheduleDefault

txt_ClassName

txt_TeacherName

ScheduleCurrent

ID_ScheduleCurrent

txt_ClassName

txt_TeacherName

In the main part of the DB the relationship ID_ScheduleDefault = ID_ScheduleCurrent exists. ScheduleDefault has 48 records as there are only 48 slots that can be filled (6 days of 7 classes = 1 week) . ScheduleCurrent is a table that lists all the changes that have ever been made to the default Schedule. The layout i have setup is based on ScheduleDefault and shows the schedule for the current week with the option of going forward or backward one week at a time.

To fill the layout I loop through the 48 classes pasting the info into a gv_ClassName[48] and gv_TeacherName[48] unless a related data can be found in ScheduleCurrent.

I have had this working several times, but i am trying to get away without running background layouts to do the grunt work as it causes the screen to flash.

Any new ideas on how to do this would be great.

but until then:

Right now i have a hidden portal to ScheduleCurrent that only shows data when there is related data. But for some reason after it gets related data every time after that the same data is 'found' over and over again. The script step I am using to look for the related data in the protal is:

if ( isEmpty( ScheduleCurrent::txt_ClassName); {Data from ScheduleDefault};{Data from ScheduleCurrent})

ScheduleCurrent::txt_ClassName is not 'clearing' each step through the loop.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand everything you wrote but:

if data is repeating in a portal you probably have a discreptancy between the relationships used for the fields and for the portal.

Have you tried "FreezeWindow" to prevent the layout flicker?

I don't understand everything you wrote but:

if data is repeating in a portal you probably have a discreptancy between the relationships used for the fields and for the portal.

Have you tried "FreezeWindow" to prevent the layout flicker?

The problem above was fixed by a 'go to field'. I would use the 'go to' to enter the portal get the information and then use a 'go to' to go to another field. They next time through the loop it would get the correct data if there was data and nothing if there was nothing.

I stopped using 'freezewindow' as it would make the window flash. Instead i use global variables on my students table and set up relationships based on the globals. Not sure how correct it is, but it works.

thanks for you help. smiley-smile

Important Information

Terms of Use