Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Finding outstanding bills

mymeshll

Ok, my last dilema on my database project......I got it find my overdue legislation bills (that was pretty easy) but I can't for the life of me get it to find the outstanding bills (this would be overdue and ones that are not due yet).....please please please show me what I am not seeing....thanks

Michelle

What about a flag field

and AssUMe it's money bills

I.E. field =

cOutStanding = calulation =

Case(Balance = 0.00; "paid" ;

Balance

Balance > 0.00 and Balance ≤ Invoice; "Open";"")

Now to find outstanding do a find for "Open" in the cOutStanding field.

Well, thank you very much, but the bills are not related to money at all.....

They are bills that are possibly being assigned into law and our analysts have to review them and their analysis is due to the Legislative office by a certain date. So, the due date refers to the "date" due to the leg office.....I have some that are pending future dates and some that are overdue....I have a link that brings up all my overdue ones, but I would like to have a button that shows the ones that are coming up due and the ones that are overdue. I really appreciate all your help......

What makes a bill become outstanding, and what makes it cease being outstanding? I suppose you do something when a review has been completed - like fill out a DateSubmitted field or something? So maybe you want to find the records where DateDue is not empty and DateSubmitted is empty.

Exactly......I have a date recvd box and a date due to leg.....so when the written document is completed I put the date in the date recvd box.....I want it to see the ones that don't have a date......the overdue ones and ones that are not due yet

Thank you sooooo much....I used the = and put it in a script....it works great....I didn't even think it would be something so simple......thanks again smiley-smile

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.