Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Need Help Customizing Values

dzikus

Default Need help With Valuelist

Hi,

I just started working with FM pro and i need some help.

I have made a database but have a problem figuring out some stuff.

I'd like to make a dropdown-list which shows custom values in different colours. So each customized value will have a seperate colour when i click dropdown list (about 15 items there with different colour)

maybe there is a script which will assign a colour for custom values?

plz help me out

You rox mate!

Thank you !

I'd also like to know how i can assign more colors to "F" field coz now there r 3 i need 12 more :D

You can assign how many colors you want.

Put new record and fill it on your wanting color choosing in the color-menu.

Either i am stupid or just overlooked some stuff today

worked whole day on linking the "f" field which i renamed to "Category" all of a sudden nothing worked anymore

plz take a lookt at it maybe you can fix it for me...

the Layout "List" is also sabbotaged by me.... i cant create more fields than one ,and once i click "new record" it just clears previuos one...., i have headache

please take a look and maybe u could fix it if you have ome spare time

thank you for your time

Hi, dizkus!

I changed your file for working.

I changed your data too.

If you want use this file you must import your data here.

File dont uploaded. I will try again

Thank you for your efforts and time, i really appriciate it.

plz otherwise send it to my email.

Hi dzikus,

"So each customized value will have a seperate colour when i click dropdown list (about 15 items there with different colour)"

Do you really expect your Users to remember what each color represents? I can't imagine the name in the value list not being enough. What you can also do is simply have the RESULT of the selection be the color of your choice. Since the result is only one selection, this might work better anyway. If you wish to try this, let us know. An auto-enter (Replace) calc on that field would work nicely.

Simply ... a list of 15 items all a different color would drive me a bit nuts. Just a thought ... smiley-wink

LaRetta

Thnx for the thought LaRetta, but "aaa" has helped me out with this problem, he made it to be something i wanted :D

BTW your comment made me change an old DB of mine, with that idea of yours i have much more simple way of edditing Values which than i can chose from a list which show pictures :D hehe , not so hard for pro's in FM Pro but for a noob like me it's great.

thnx to both of you

Important Information

Terms of Use