Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Get Summary() Issues

gwent

Still having problems with this one. Does anyone understand why as it has been suggested in this forum that the Break Field in a Get Summary Calculation has to be a field in the same table as the Summarized Data.

I have a Sub Summary Report that is sorted on a Related Field and from what I have read, the Break Field must be the same as the Sort Field and there in lies the problem.

After many tries I can still not get the desired result.

Any help would sure be appreciated...

greg

True, for a GetSummary() to work, breakField must be in the same table.

Two options:

1. Use the foreign key instead of the related field (in the subsummary part definition, sort order and in the GetSummary() calc). The downside: subsummaries will not be sorted alphabetically.

2. Define a calculation field in the local table = RelatedField, and use it instead of the related field (again, in all three places).

True, for a GetSummary() to work, breakField must be in the same table.

Two options:

1. Use the foreign key instead of the related field (in the subsummary part definition, sort order and in the GetSummary() calc). The downside: subsummaries will not be sorted alphabetically.

2. Define a calculation field in the local table = RelatedField, and use it instead of the related field (again, in all three places).

comment

Would you please take a look at the attached sample and use the calculation field #2 option so I can see it working. I tried it and still did not work for me.

Thanks

greg

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.