Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Script to reset user's password

Cass0509

Well, I have that created and it works great, except here's what I want to do. I want to limit who's password someone can reset.

For example, I have Privilege Set A which is for people in Building A, Privilege Set B for people in Building B,..... I only want people from Building A to reset passwords for users in Building A.

I can capture the privilege set of the person logged in, but can't figure out how to get the privilege set for the person whose password is being reset. Currently, I have a field that you type the username of the person you want to reset their password. So, once that name is entered, is there a way to determine which privilege set they are a member of (then I can compare to see if the person logged in has access to change it).

Hope I didn't totally confuse you all! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think you'll need a User table to keep track of the usernames and their assigned Privilege Set. Then you can refer to that to determine if the password can be reset.

I had thought of that, but thought it was going to be double work (adding the user under Accounts & Privileges, then adding them to the table), but now that I think about it, I'm sure I can script it so we don't have to do the double data entry.

Thanks for the idea!

Important Information

Terms of Use