Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

'Continuous' Calculations

DocD

Ok, today my brain is working in thought, but not in action...

Two questions here;

1-I have created a custom function in FM8 for finding a person's age (Year(Get(CurrentDate))-Year(Birthdate)-If(Get(CurrentDate)

2-What might my calculation be if I were trying to calculate a static begin number (benchmark, called "PainBegin") and have that calculate each day when a new number ("PainLevel") is entered? Do I use the 'Case' function?

All help is appreciated!

DocD Oh Really!

1. If the calc's storage options are set to 'Do not store calculation results', then it will calculate whenever the field is used or viewed.

I don't know what you're trying to do with the second one, sorry.

Ender,

Thanks for your prompt response...

I guess what I am attempting to achieve is;

-I have patients who come in almost daily.

-The first visit they tell me of their pain level. I want to maintain that number in a field (no problem).

-Then each time they come back in, I wish to show them how I am helping them. So, I created another field for each of their next visits. What I hope to do is to continually calculate the patient's progress from the first visit to show their progress each time they come in for treatment.

-The calculation is 'Visit'/'FirstVisit' which gives me a percentage of how they are improving...

-But, if I have multiple returns visits (let's say 20 or so) then how can FM continually calculate the newest visit?

Hopefully this clarifies the issue some...thank you!

DocD Oh Really!

You should have a related RECORD for each visit, not a field - or you will be constantly adding fields to your Patients table.

Important Information

Terms of Use