Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Filtering Portal Rows

pronetsys

Hello,

SW: Filemaker Pro v.8 Advanced

I have a layout related to a table called Customers and a portal that shows records from a table called Assistance.

In the portal I have the many Assistances made to Customers in Date order.

Every customer has its own portal regarding the assistances made to him only.

I need to know if there is a way I can filter the portal rows, to show just the records I want instead of every assistance record.

I've tried with Perform Find scripts, but I can't get a way todo it. Seems that Perform Find acts only on the records on the current layour and not on the portal records displayed. I mean, in a search for a particular Assistance date the search filters all the Customers with a certain Assistance Date in the portal, but the portal rows continue to show all Assistances in despite of the Searching filter.

Thank you for your help.

Hi, pronetsys!

Look attachment. Such?

In portal you can only filtering and edit.

You can not add portal row.

For adding you must use other relation and portal.

Hi, aaa!

Thank you for your answer.

That's kind of what I need todo, only I can't clearly understand how did you achieve this, and why the All filter doesn't work?

Also I think that in my specific case this is more complex.

I attached here my solution, hope it gives you a much clearer representation of my problem. I have to filter the rows by date option.

Thank you for your help.

NB: The file contains 3 .fp7 files, two of them are db_something those are only db files, and one is the layout keeping the db's together, and that is the one that should be run.

I know that FM allows me to run multiple dbs in only one fp7 file, but then becomes hard to update the file without damaging the db, so i prefer to separate layouts from dbs.

Hi, pronetsys.

In my PC All filter works properly.

I can not know why it not works on your.

Your attachment i uploaded and if i have time i will look it and do what i can.

Thank you aaa,

I'll wait for your next reply, when you have time of course.

Neither do I know why the ALL filter doesnt work. It just shows nothing when I select it.

Are you able to explain me in words how you did that portal filtering?

For now thank you very much.

Thank you aaa,

I'll wait for your next reply, when you have time of course.

Neither do I know why the ALL filter doesnt work. It just shows nothing when I select it.

Are you able to explain me in words how you did that portal filtering?

For now thank you very much.

aaa I hope i'm not out of line joining in here.

I've had a look at this, very neat. All fails because the calculation field Rel_Field_For_Filtering_Assistance needs to have a calculation result of text not number. The filtering works on the basis of the relationship that an assistance record is related to a customer via the filter if the customer ID's match and either the assistance number matches the assistance number or if you put in All then all assistance records for that customer match.

If you have a fairly small number of different types of assistance then you could put Filtering _Assistance on the layout as a check box and then select which types you want to see. This turns Filtering_Assistance into a multi-key also.

Maybe I'm missing the purpose of the assistance you are offering but I thought the additional filter (for the relationship) should be date range.

"I have to filter the rows by date option."

Oh Really!

pronetsys, your file breaks for me... smiley-wink

I'm peeling (Yeah) your broken file apart but I THINK you want this:

Create two global date fields gFrom and gThru in your main Customer file. Your relationship (to the portal) would be thus:

Clienti::CodiceCi = Assistenze::CodiceCi

AND

Clienti::gFrom

AND

Clienti::gThur > Assistenze::AssDalle

That > should be 'greater than or equal to' but I don't know how to make it in this new forum. smiley-tongue-out

Place the global dates above the portal and enter the dates to filter the portal. If AssDalle is NOT your date field, use your date field instead.

Oh. I had another go at your file. Dalle is NOT the date. Opps!

You want date range based upon MONTH and not DAY and that's what the 4 in the global in Assistance represents. Your global should be in the Customer file (or that other file which I can't open); whichever holds the portal. smiley-laughing

See if this attached makes sense for you. I named the file Dalle to provide humor for my silly misinterpretation ... I hope it didn't waste any of your time although learning a DAY date-range is powerful also. But this shows how to connect a drop-down to select (and restrict) the months as well by selecting in the yellow box.

LaRetta

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the same thing as pronetsys but I can't seem to be able to locate aaa's and LaRetta's attachments (though I can download pronetsys' attachment). Could you please re-upload those files or, even better, describe what I need to do, step-by-step, in order to achieve what's described in the initial post from pronetsys.

Thanks for your help,

Christian

Important Information

Terms of Use