Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Change Global Number Field to Non Global.

Corey

I have a layout with Global Number Repeating Fields.

They hold data of prices for items.

I have found that if there is a price increase and i change the value, then obviuosly the records i had already done also change.

I want to be able to have the Values placed in each New Record Created, but allow to be changed but not change any records that have been already done.

I am thinking maybe a Previous Record Value Look up, but have not had any experience with this and not sure how to write the steps to have the previous record values entered AND allow for modifying to them without changing all records values.

Any ideas?

Corey....

You need a normal lookup for this. I'd let go of the repeater and create a separate pricing table and lookup the values from there. If you need a sample, please state your version (i can do 6 or up).

kjoe

Hi i am using Version 8.

An example would be great.

If i use a lookup from another table, would that not mean that all records would change, even ones that are older records?

Thanks

Ok here's a sample

If i use a lookup from another table, would that not mean that all records would change, even ones that are older records?

no, the point of lookups is that they are only affect the current record, or, if you force a relookup, the current found set. this is what makes them useful for pricing issues.

kjoe

Important Information

Terms of Use