Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Newbie Question - Remove a "module"?

Hoven

Hi all,

I just downloaded a "Trial" version of FMP 8 along with the "Business Productivity Solution" (BPS) template/application from FM, and I've been playing with it. I'm hoping to use FMP8 instead of Quickbooks for our business.

In that BPS template, there are 6 modules....

* Main Menu

* Contacts

* Inventory

* Sales Orders

* Projects

* Email

I am looking at using this template for our business... but I really only need the Contacts, Inventory, and Sales Orders (ie, invoices). But, when I try to close, say, the Projects window, they all close.

Is this more just a database with a form/window? Are these modules linked somehow or some sort of integrated application? It's not stand alone... I have FMP8 open, by the way.

So, 2 questions...

1) How can I modify this to eliminate, say, the Project module?

2) Is there a better template/app I should be looking at for doing "fullfillment". That is, we take orders, fill them from our stock, ship them and bill them.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!!

===[ Hoven ]===

Hello Hoven,

The "Modules" that you described are actually individual layouts in this solution. You can remove the "Projects" layout by going into layout mode and deleting the "Projects" layout. While in layout mode you can also add to the functionality of this solution by creating layouts with your own customized forms and Scripts.

Filemaker Advanced is a great tool for creating business solutions that are customized to work the way you want. If you need this app to work on more than 10 workstations at the same time, then you will have to upgrade to Filemaker Advanced Server. Good Luck.

Hello Hoven,

The "Modules" that you described are actually individual layouts in this solution. You can remove the "Projects" layout by going into layout mode and deleting the "Projects" layout. While in layout mode you can also add to the functionality of this solution by creating layouts with your own customized forms and Scripts.{...} Good Luck.

Thanks, While I have figured out the obvious parts of "layout"... that is, doing the actual data entry and display form, I've yet to get into the scripts.

In fact, I tried deleting some fields I didn't want from the inventory database, but it say the field is used in a script, such as "sort by category" (which I haven't found... either the script nor how to run the script).

So much to learn, but at least it's fun to learn!

Thanks again!

===[ Hoven ]===

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.