RJLevesque

HELP!!! Schedule plugins

RJLevesque

I am desperately trying to find a solution to a project I am working on. I need a way to schedule a script to trigger by day, date, or time. I found a couple of out-dated plugins, one is no longer available, and one I am not sure if it works with the current FMPro 8 or if it even can be used in development.

If anyone has a scripting solution to accomplish this or knows of a decent free or cheap plugin I would really appreciate the assistance. :D

Windows platform

do not wish to use any scripts like *.vbs due to virus problems most machines do not allow them to run. I need this to just plain work in a corporate network. All suggestions are welcome...and if you are a plugin writer, write us a free one....everyone would love you for it! hehehe

pete

or MMScript at [still pre-release]

pete

or Events

RJLevesque

Activator - like $500 for developer version

Events - $300 or there about for developer version

(these are both single user licenses btw)

MMScript - can not find any place to actually download the thing, if you find where please let me know.

EventScript the french plugin - sounds very usefull AND free which rocks..but I am not sure if that will do what I need. I need to be able to schedule an event, or to be more specific I want the end-user to be able to schedule WHEN they want an event to happen. Like email them a report at 2am every monday, etc.

Thanks for all the input guys! still looking...

I do like Activator best so far, I had found that already and events too...just hate to spend that kind of money right now...not cheap just broke LOL

RJ

Ted S

Are you sure you need a plug-in? There are other ways to do automation. What platform are you on?

RJLevesque

Yes, I need a plugin. If you scroll up you can see my reasoning for not wanting to use a script such as a *.vbs. I write for and mainly use Windows OS. But hey, I am perfectly willing to listen to any suggestions you may have...

So Cool!

blevey

This is a kludge, but it works... create a file (XXX.fp7) with an open script that calls the script you want to run daily (Perform Script):

Perform Script [xxxx from file:"xxxxx"]

Close File [Current File]

and set up Scheduled Tasks (in Windows Contorl Panel) to run the progam daily at a given time.

Like I said it's a kludge,

Regards,

Bob

Ted S

Yep, blevey and I are thinking alike. This is one way to schedule a script to run at a particular point-in-time. All it takes is the creation of another simple FM file and the creation of a Scheduled Task to run it. No plug-ins.

And I agree, this method is a bit kludgy but in a way, so are plugins.

RJLevesque

Problem with that is I need to be able to compile this solution for disbursement. I can't go around to everyone's computer across the US within this company and schedule their task manager. LOL Otherwise, good idea of course! :)

RJLevesque

Well, thanks for all the suggestions I finally just bit the bullet and bought the developers version of the Troi plugin - Activator. It works great and does exactly what I needed, just hated spending all that money for a friggin 1mb plugin. However, I do highly recommend this plugin it works great.

WardClark

I'm late to this discussion, which I found Googling for a scheduling plug-in.

myFMbutler offers DoScript, a free plug-in whose primary purpose is performing scripts in real time. It can schedule a script for delayed execution. See the "Example 6 - timed event" sample file for details.

DoScript is compatible with FileMaker 11.

-- Ward

AHunter3
I'm late to this discussion

Yeah... about 4 years late! You replied to a 2006 vintage thread! But while it may not be of interest to the folks who were involved in that thread at that time, it's useful info to file away. Welcome to the board!

With the Install OnTimer script step introduced in 10 and the ever-expanding ability to run so many script server-side on a schedule, I haven't had much need for one in a long time, myself.

• WE NEED YOUR DONATION NOW

WE have helped 100,000's of people for many years, now we need your help!!!! Your Donation is Needed to Keep Us Online! Covid 19 and isolation!!!! Without Your Help We Are Gone After 23  Years!

3% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Images

Important Information

Terms of Use