The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MacKev

Sending email from FM to FirstClass

MacKev

I have used FM to send emails via Outlook, Entourage, and Eudora, but I now have a client asking if it can be done via FirstClass. I have not found any information on this so far. Does anyone know if it can be done? I thank you in advance.

Ender

I don't believe it's possible to use FirstClass Client as the sender for emails with FMP.

There are some good plug-ins out there that have the ability to send email directly out of FileMaker--not through the workstation's email client. This would probably be the best way to go.

Or, since FirstClass Server supports pop clients too, you could use one of those other email clients to connect to the FirstClass Server to send messages.

chuckd

I use Firstclass and filemaker and have done this. I use a mac. There is a preference you can download called "More Internet", all you have to do is select "mailto" and drag the Firstclass icon to it. Now every time you use anything (not just filemaker) firstclass will be you default mail client.

Ender

Thanks for the info chuckd! I didn't realize FirstClass could automatically create and send a message.

ghanlon
I use Firstclass and filemaker and have done this. I use a mac. There is a preference you can download called "More Internet", all you have to do is select "mailto" and drag the Firstclass icon to it. Now every time you use anything (not just filemaker) firstclass will be you default mail client.

Where can the "More Internet" download be found? Any insights on using FirstClass to send mail from Filemaker would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Ender

I think you can set the default email client in Mail's preferences.

ajlawrance
Thanks for the info chuckd! I didn't realize FirstClass could automatically create and send a message.

Can you tell me how to get First Class to send an email using the FM SEND MAIL script... I have First Class set as default email client and nothing happens when I execute the email script.

Thanks for any help

Al Lawrance

ajlawrance@shaw.ca

AHunter3

You're better off relying on Open URL ["mailto:" & YourTable::Email Addres&"?Subject="& YourTable::Your Subject Field& "&Body="& YourTable::Your Message Field, no dialog], if you're on a Mac. Open URL, using a mailto: URL, is very reliable on a Mac, generally speaking, with the exception of file attachments. (There's no mailto: subcommand such as &fileattachment= )

For that matter, you can often AppleScript the attaching of files, although you'll have to study the specific email app to see if it accepts an AS command of that nature. Dunno about First Class.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use