Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Filemaker Developer 8 Advanced

Tyson

Is there a way to make a runtime solution that doesnt ask you to login with username and password. I just want it so it automatically logs in as guest.

-Tyson

Before you convert the file to runtime, set File Options (File>File Options). Check the box "Log in using: " and set whatever account you'd like to log in as automatically.

FWIW, the procedure steveo describes will only need to be done before the files are bound if you intend to apply the option to 'remove admin access from files permanently' at the time of binding.

If the files have been bound without applying the 'remove admin access...' option, you will be able to open them from within FileMaker Pro (or Pro Advanced), log in with a [Full Access] account and then set up the 'log in using' options for the file/s. Whatever options you apply in this way will then take effect the next time the files are opened as runtime. wink.gif

Hey thanks for the tip cobalt. I Deffinitly removed admin access to the file. I also use the seperation model so im dealing with 2 files. Which i found out that you need to apply the options to both files then remove admin access when you compile.

-Tyson

Archived