Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Repeating Field Calculations?

sfendless

I am designing a company invoice and am confused about how to display calculations...

On each invoice, I have a calculation scheme using two fields, "Hours" and "Subtotal". I have made them both repeating fields with 10 rows to each, and set them side by side. I have set the "Hours" field to up with a calculation of hours * 25 to reflect hourly charges; this is returned to the "Subtotal" field.

What I want is to get each individual project to break out in the "Subtotal" column, like this...

Hours . . . Subtotal

2 . . . . . . . 50.00

3 . . . . . . . 75.00

12 . . . . . . 300.00

...etc. But what happens is it enters a running grand total in the Subtotal field's topmost row and leaves the rest of the column blank, like so:

Hours . . . Subtotal

2 . . . . . . . 425.00

3 . . . . . . .

12 . . . . . .

I think this is a simple problem, but I've never had to do this before so I'm kind of stymied. I'm wondering if I can do this with repeating fields or if I have to define separate fields for each line item (ugh). Anyone know how to work this out? Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I don't have a grasp of how to work it from another table but I'm sure it's too much of a process to list here. I'll get on the web and see if I can find a lesson or two. If anyone has a URL let me know.

Hope all this helps other intermediate newbs like me...

Archived