Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Make custom dialog box larger

qmrs

Hello Again

Just wondering if it was possible to make the custom dialog box (the message part) a little larger.

I am using this part of the script for a help file so that when a user clicks a button next to a description the message box pops up. I notice that if you go larger than the actual size (even though there is a scroll bar) it will only show part of the the message.

Many thanks

I don't think there is.

One workaround would be to build your script with a series of dialogs. Close one the next one opens. Much like the "wizard" stuff you see on Windows programs.

As far as I can tell in Filemaker Pro 7 the Custom Dialog box has a "sticky" resizer. That is, if you change the size of the dialog using the bottom right corner resizer then the next time you open that particular dialog box it is at the same size.

I have had a look in the Windows Registry and there is a folder full of dialog box sizes, identified by number, which Filemaker stores. I find this a bit worrying as it suggests that if the file is used on another computer then the dialog boxes will revert to their standard size. Does anybody have any info about this? Are the dialog box sizes stored in the file?

SlimJim,

I think your are correct but I don't know for certain. I think the sizes are kept in the windows registry which would mean that they are machine and likely user specific.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all very much - didn't know about the registry bit, and even though it sounds great you are right and I know the staff would have problems with this.

It is a good idea to build dialog scripts - so I will have a go - thanks again

Archived