Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Listing All Records in Portal

Dufek

Greetings,

I am looking to list all records in a portal I have setup on a layout. The layout basicaly is a product listing. I have tables setup for each "type" of product where the actual products can be listed or deleted. I have done this to keep this layout up to date with the product listing.

How can I get all the products in the table to list themselves in the portal? I have searched the forums the past couple days and could not find any solution. I am sorry in advance if this was already answered and I could not find it. I appreciate any assistance.

Using FM7.

Create another table occurrence of Products. Join to this table using the 'X' Cartesian Product Operator. Join any two regular fields (even if they are empty) except containers. They do NOT have to create a match for it to work.

Create a portal based upon this new Product table occurrence.

Thanks for the reply PiedPiper,

I did exactly as you stated and it does not work... Any other suggestions?...or am I doing something wrong here: I made a new table with a field named "Product Name". I joined this new table with the existing product table using the Product Name field in both tables. I used the "x" instead of "=" to join. I then made the portal calling the new table created, but nothing comes up...?????

You don't want to create a new TABLE; only another representation of your Products table in the graph (a table occurrence). It's also considered a self-join.

Then be sure to double-click your portal and point to this new TO (table occurrence) and be sure the fields within the portal are also based upon this new TO.

Ok... worked great at first, but when I create a new record, the portal fields do not populate anymore. How can I call to have all the records show up when a new record is made? I played with scripting it, but to no solution. I need some help again!!!

Archived