Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Change Scrollwheel

AlphaMale

Hey Everyone,

I don't think this is even possible but I figured I might as well ask. Is there anyway to change the function of the mouse scrollwheel so that in "Browse Mode - Form View" instead of the scrollwheel flipping through records it actually scrolls down. If this isnt possible a simple "no" would be the only answer I need...

Thanks

Well, in that FM7 doesn't even recognize the scroll wheel for normal functionality in OSX, i doubt there is any way to make it do something different in windows.

The only thought i have is maybe a plug in? (i'm googling...)

Ya let me know if you find anything... I'm also looking... it is a minor issue but the fact that filemaker has the scroll wheel actually scroll on list layouts and then flip through records on form ones creates confusion... especially since my forms are very lengthy.. I dont know why filemaker came up with that grand idea(at least without a toggle option)..

Thanks again

I am a Windows user and am using a Microsoft mouse with Intellimouse software. I have my wheel button set to AutoScroll. The effect of this is that you click the wheel and a small circular icon appears where you click and then mouse pointer turns into a direction arrow. Moving the mouse around scrolls the screen with it. So you can scroll the screen in any direction (assuming there is anything to move to) A click of any button then restores normal function. Personally I find the scroll wheel function in Filemaker a nuisance but consistent - it moves through the records, [However, if you hold down control or AltGr while scrolling it zooms the screen!!]

I agree with AlphaMale. The scroll wheel should be configurable in both preferences and scripts. I am creating a quote form that will be used by 10 people and I want to lock them into a record (a bonus would be to change the preference with a script to allow scrolling on the page with the scroll wheel, but not scrolling through records). Most are windows users who are used to scrolling up and down pages with the scroll wheel.

If anyone finds a workaround let us know!

Also, has anyone hacked the IWP java script for compatibility with Firefox?

Archived