Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

peer sharing

drwolski

Hello,

First of all, let me apologize because this is a VERY newbie question. I have used filemaker applications but never programmed the database. However, I am very familiar with Microsoft Access. My question is this...

Can you share a database among many users over a network in the office, like you can with Access? Can it be shared across OSX and Windows 2000? What version would I need to create this application -ie pro or developer. Would I need FM Server? I only need to connect a few machines over a Novell network sharing the same database.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Darryl Wolski

Hello Darryl,

Yes, a FileMaker database can be shared among multiple users. The client application can share to five concurrent users. The Server version can serve to up to 250 concurrent users.

Yes, sharing can be to a mix of Windows and Macintosh users.

An application can be created in FileMaker Pro. Developer has some useful additional tools and capabilities.

Server is needed if maximum stability and performance is desired, or if the number of simultaneous users is required to exceed five.

You'll find answers to these and many other questions in the product info at www.filemaker.com wink.gif

Archived