Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

FMP 7.0 - "Freeze window" command in scripts

stoertebeker

I'm converting a solution containing three databases from FMP 5.5 to FMP 7.0. While in 5.5 the "Freeze Window" command works fine, in 7.0 the scripts do not freeze the Windows, but switch to the layouts and files the script is running in.

Where is my mistake?

It's hard to say for sure without seeing the scripts, but my guess is there's some extra Select Window[] steps in there.

During conversion, FM7 automatically adds Select Window[] steps after certain Go to Related Records[] and Perform Script [ external ] steps to maintain the behavior of the original solution. But it isn't always right, and some tweeking is often needed. If Select Window[] steps were added, I think they would cause the refresh problem you're seeing.

As a minor addendum to what Ender has said, if you have only three files, it may be a relatively simple matter to add table occurrences of the related files to the graph of one of the files (eg the file in which the script commences), and then rebuild the script around a rather more efficient principle, operating from within a single file.

With solutions that contain many files (dozens) this kind of change can be a big undertaking, despite the payoff. But with relatively few files, you may find that such a change is not significantly more onerous than troubleshooting the scripts in their present form. Just a thought. wink.gif

Archived