Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Runtime Question

Wingwalker

Question

I made a runtime copy of my solution on a Pc, copied it onto a Mac and uploaded it to a web page. When I downloaded it from the web site onto another Pc, it was not recognized as an application that existed on the Pc and would not open. I thought once you made it runtime it was automatic and would not look for an application. Do I have to upload it from a Pc or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks guys,

James "The Wing Man"

6 answers to this question

Hi Kjoe,

Yes I copied everything. I don't understand why Pc's make all the .exe and the dll's, but I copied all of them. I thought maybe it was because I uploaded from a Mac.

James

Anyone have any more help with the problem I'm having? I made a new runtime and am still having the problem. The Pc's keep asking what application should be used to open the file. Please help, I have no idea what to do and the “big boss man” is breathing down my neck big time.

Thanks,

Bill

I don't know if it's changed in any way in newer versions, but in version 4 you do NOT open the file - at least not the first time. You open the bound application. The first time you open it, it registers itself (if that's what you call it in Windows?). Because it is bound to the file, it automatically opens the file designated as MAIN during the binding process.

Greetings your Wing-ness,

I’ve read your post a couple times now and came away from it kind of scratching my head. Because what you describe just does not, shall we say compute. Then a thought came to me, which is not the normal process for me… Didn’t you say in another post that you do not have a Pc in your office? I’m just curious where you went to use a Pc and download your solution? Was it a library or Kinko’s or something of the sort? Because places like that have, to use a very technical term, download blockers. Some will put an icon on the screen, but it will not open. Some may open if the software exists on the host computer, but most will not. Just thought I’d put in my two cents, it’s the only thing I can think of that would cause what you’ve described.

Harry

Hi Guys,

That’s it. As soon as I read your post I new that had to be it. I called the place where I used the Pc and it is a Kinko kind of place. Sure enough, their system will not allow downloads. I should of asked them when it happened, I just thought I did something wrong when I made the runtime.

Thanks for the help everyone, you guys are great!

James “The Wing Man”

Archived