Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Out of memory or insufficient memory when printing

VR1

Here is a problem I have run into with FM7. Periodically getting an "Insufficient memory" error message when printing. Predominately when printing with a script. The problem is intermittent. Not related to the presence or absence or other running apps. One station may return this error on executing a print script, whereas another workstation will execute the script with no problems. But it is never the same workstation and all terminals have experienced the problem. I did not see this mentioned in the FM Knowledge base. Any one else run into this situation. Thanks.

Running a 22 file database with an average of 5 to 10 users hosted by a local FM7 server (Power Mac G5 with 1 GB memory - 700 MB FMS cache - no other Apps or file sharing processes running). All work stations using Mac OS 10.3.4 through 10.4 with 1 GB or greater memory. Occurs regardless of the absence or presence of other apps running on the workstations. Same database under FM5.5/6 had no issues.

Are your layouts graphically intensive? Also, check your cache size in your preferences menu, make sure it's no more than 1/2 of your total memory size. If your PC has 512Mb then you would want your cache under 256 (which I beleive is max.) I've seen this happen before and adjusting my cache size has eliminated the problem.

Regards, Ron

Thanks Ron. Our layouts are fortunately not graphically intense with over 90% text. All workstations have the memory allocated to FM set to 128 MB. I will adjust this number and see if it helps.

Archived