Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Problem with Lookup

Anyse

I have 2 files. Inventory and Invint. I want to have a lookup from the "Quantity" field in INVENTORY to get data from the "Quantity" field in the INVINT file. I have alreeady set up the relationship FROM the INVINT file to the INVENTORY file. When creating my relationships, I drag from the ID field of the INVENT file to the ID field of the INVENTORY file. It appears that 3 lines conjoin from the INVINT file and the same is true with the INVENTORY file. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the lookup data from the INVINT file to come into the INVENTORY file. Am I doing thiis correctly?

It used to be so easy to do this and the documentation from Filemaker is confusing as well as uninformative.

HELP ME! PLEASE!

Thank you,

Anyse

The relationship graph implies the relationship is many-many which would imply that the ID numbers in both files are not unique, however, that does not affect whether or not the lookup works. Try the following: select the ID field in the INVENTORY file that you have used as a match field and then go to the menu Record Relookup Field Contents. That should redo all the lookups which depend on that match field.

Archived