Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Pop-up Lists in 7 - is this a bug?

Miranda

I upgraded to 7 and the pop-up lists take 4 whole seconds to 'pop up' and another 4 whole seconds to accept the selection.

Is this a bug in 7? Can I do anything to speed this up - I have hundreds of fields with list selections - it now takes me over a minute to enter a new invoice for a client instead of less than 10 seconds.

Thanks Miranda

I thought I'd installed the v3 updater ... I'll check that - thanks.

I'm on a compaq presario x1000 laptop (loads of everything)

And XP

Yes, there is bug in the Windows version. It occurs espically when you have multiple windows open and click on a drop down list (Drop down menus don'r seem to be affected though. Filemaker is aware of the bug and I am desperately awaiting a fix as well. One of the problems with 7.0v3 is that when you use go to related record in a script step you have to specify "show in new window" or the script does not send you to the related record in the related database/table, thus forcing you to open another window. I've tried no eliminate having any windows open that need not be open and it seemed to help. Also, FM7 is slower opening drop downs lists than 6 regardless of the mulitple windows issue, It's really frustrated my user to no end. And when the Hell are they going to incorperate type ahead that actually dosen't require the user to type at 80 words per minute speed in order to utilize the type ahead feature.

[ QUOTE ]

One of the problems with 7.0v3 is that when you use go to related record in a script step you have to specify "show in new window" or the script does not send you to the related record in the related database/table, thus forcing you to open another window.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not had this problem in OS X. Is this a Windows bug?

I am beside myself - I was going to release the database I have been developing for the past 3 years in September.

Closing databases doesn't help enough - it takes 5 seconds per pop-up list (instead of 8 with more files open).

I can't even use my own database right now - I'm back to making notes on paper and inputting data at the end of the day when it takes half an hour to do what took a few minutes before.

Arrghhhh.

Type ahead on the Mac and the PC seem pretty OK in that even if I type slowly they work BUT they only pick up the first 3 letters. That is maddening. I have long lists with multiple names that have the SAME first 3 letters so then i have to scroll.

Anything that slows me down is a drag :-)

Hi, we use windows 2000 and we have the same problem. It use to be fine with fm6. It is really annoying, hope they make a fix soon, everyone is complaning, and it is making me look bad coz they think it is the way i made the database.

Archived