Sign in to follow this  
londonfilemaker

Developer needed - London

londonfilemaker

Hi , I work for a Marketing Agency based in Pimlico London. We are looking for an IT wizz kid who can help us add some additional script to our Filemaker Pro 7 software.

If you know anyone please have them email me at

ben.reed@loewybe.com

rates negotiable and yopu must be very familiar with Filemaker Pro 7 software

Thanks

tadpole2frog

Ben

I have had vast experience in using filemaker over the last eight years, and have developed numerous solutions for clients and businesses that are comprehensive but keeping the usability straightforward.

The systems I have developed are based at all levels and take into account the usability as well as the information required by management or the user.

The information below show two examples of systems I have developed.

Management Information System for Private Training Providers

My main duty whilst employed by this company was to develop a system that gave them complete details of all their candidates that they were working with. Due to the funding being drawn down from the government it was imperative the information was up-to-date and accurate at all times. Users were required to enter information on achievements through-out the life span of the training and then the information was collated automatically through scripts to produce MIS for the directors. This was a networked solution loaded onto all the PC’s within the company using Filemaker Server.

Stock System for Retail and Hospitality

I was approached by a Public House/Restaurant to produce a management system that tracked Stock Inventory. This included entering data on Stock Usage and Stock Intake. The system, using Relationships collated a main system that gave details on every product including costs, usage, intake and profit. As well as trends, this has enabled them to plan ordering and reduce stock levels. The system was also linked PDA’s that enabled stock takes to be carried out efficiently directly into the system and the synchronised at a later date. The system also enables the user to calculate hours and tips for the staff that is fed to the accountant for payment.

I have a very good knowledge of software and computers including. Filemaker, Macromedia Dreamweaver/Flash, Hot Metal Pro, Microsoft applications, CAD Systems.

A few weeks ago I downloaded a trial version of Filemaker 7 and have been working with it to see the differences to earlier versions.

I do hope I am of interest to you and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely

Melvyn Parr

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.