Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Auto-enter calculation

lucthomaere

It seems that the auo-enter calculation in FMP 7 with the option "Do not replace..." unchecked (to ask automatic update as soon as the trigger fields change) DOES NOT work properly when related fields are involved.

For example : "Count ( Contacts::Contact_ID )" to count the number of related contacts

Bug or normal?

I ran into the same issue while migrating from 6 to 7. However, the auto-enter calculations did work in IWP, but not from the xsl sheets. You might try IWP to check it. I thought I was doing something wrong, but apparently you have the same issue that I do.

Normal. Only changing the current record will cause its auto-enter calculations to re-evaluate. Changing a related field will not. Something such as a Count( ) calculation should be unstored anyway, to allow it to update automatically.

No, creating a new record will NOT get the auto-enter calcs to work in the xsl sheets, but it will in IWP. Or, at least for me it won't. I believe that the other poster is having a similar problem to mine.

However, if I change the field to a calculation field, instead of an auto-enter calculation, all works well. Again, the auto-enter works fine in IWP, but not using the xsl sheets created by the site builder, nor converted files from CDML in FMP 6.

Archived