Sign in to follow this  
Mr B Dobolina

Mouse Scroll in FMP7

Mr B Dobolina

Is it possible to remove that FM jumps between records when the mouse scroll is used?

Inky Phil

The easiest way would be to change the setup of your mouse in the operating system settings. In windows go to settings - control panel then click on the MOUSE icon and you will be able to disable the wheel.

regards

Phil

Mariano Peterson

If you hide and lock the status area then the mouse wheel will not jump from record to record.

Inky Phil

The easiest way would be to change the setup of your mouse in the operating system settings. In windows go to settings - control panel then click on the MOUSE icon and you will be able to disable the wheel.

regards

Phil

Mr B Dobolina
Originally posted by Mariano Peterson:

[qb]If you hide and lock the status area then the mouse wheel will not jump from record to record.[/qb]

I tried to hide the status area but it did not work. Cant find were to lock the status arean. Please advise.

Mariano Peterson

You can only lock the status area via a script step. In FM6, the script step is "Toggle Status Area [Hide, Lock]".

Sorry, I'm not working with FM7 because it is just too slow to deal with on my computers. Apparently there is some problem with screen draws on high resolution monitors.

Officer Ron

Try going into your mouse settings ans selecting the "SHIFT" key as a wheel button function. So you would push down the wheel button to envoke the same action as holding down the SHIFT key. Or, just hold down the SHIFT key when scrolling. Give that a try, let me know how you make out.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.