Sign in to follow this  
Scott Rusoff

FileMaker Contractor for Hire

Scott Rusoff

Hello,

I have been developing custom solutions with FileMaker since version 3.0, and I feel its my time to go out on my own, so I am curious does your organization hire any contract developers.

I was told by an partner member of the solution alliance the best way to get started is to get established with a firm that is already a member of the solution alliance, doing contract work first.

Well here I am, I am not a beginner, I have several years experience working with FileMaker on the MAC and Windows platforms.

For your reference, I use to work with a company in my region that is a Partner member of the solution alliance, and during my interview with them, they told me I raised the bar for the quality of my work, and from the other people that they interview, they did not see anything as professional as what I was showing them.

Here is a brief rundown of my experience.

I have been using FileMaker since version 3.0.

I have developed the following solutions with FileMaker.

-- Bank Reconciliation System, used by Amtrak to reconcile the bank accounts for over 250 stations, this program replaces a manual ledger and lotus spreadsheet

files, which were not multi-user.

-- Revenue and Passenger Rider ship System, Amtrak manages and runs the trains for the Maryland Commuter Rail Server, and this FileMaker solution replaces a

Lotus for DOS system, that produces all the necessary reports for MARC management. One of the FileMaker reports, only takes 5 minutes to run, as compared to the

Lotus report took a whole day to prepare.

-- Meeting Tracking and Time Billing System, This FileMaker Solution, replaces several separate flat file FileMaker databases. In this system, the program manages all

activities for a meeting, which includes the guests being invited, their travel arrangements, and the hotels they will be using.

-- Budget Report, this program, replaces a series of MS Excel spreadsheets, which is used by an medial communications company that runs a speakers bureau, and

tracks all the estimated costs vs. the actual costs.

-- Insurance Policy System, Integrate an accounting system, developed in FileMaker to their policy generation system.

-- Order Entry System, Created the customer, product and invoicing modules for a custom solution being used by a company that sells videos, through a mail order catalog and the web.

Screenshots and samples of my work are available for your review.

Please contact me at 215-345-4247 or email me at srusoff@voicent.com, for more information on my skills with FileMaker.

Thanks,

Scott Rusoff, MCP

32 Gatehouse Lane

Doylestown, PA 18901

(215)345-4247

srusoff@voicenet.com

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.