Sign in to follow this  
Donal

Winfax

Donal

I have set up a database which sends out information to various suppliers directly from filemaker. It even allows attachments to be sent if necessary. However this can be cumbersome if you just want to fax as you go ie use winfax (or similar) in other applications and just print to it but draw supplier data from filemaker database as opposed to winfax internal database.

Mariano Peterson

One very powerful faxing tool is Captaris RightFax. This installs like a print driver, so you just print a layout to the RightFax printer and it will fax it.

Whats really nice is you can add instruction tags to your FileMaker layout that Rightfax will read and then strip out of the output. So, you can programmatically tell it what cover page to use, what phone number to use, etc. Also, all faxing is routed through a server with dedicated faxing lines.

This is expensive software and is not well suited for all solutions, but does work well for large user groups.

Alternatively, I think there are plug-ins that manipulate winfax, but I can't remember which ones those are. You can check FileMaker's website for a directory of registered plug-ins:

http://www.filemaker.com/plugins/index.html

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use