Sign in to follow this  
damon

Print preview not match actual print out

damon

Hello,

I have a filemaker database which have to print multiple page format report. But the print out is always different than what I saw on preview mode, like in preview mode there are 7 records shown on 1st page but the actual print out is 8 records (that the 8th record supposed on 2nd page in preview mode but printed on the bottom area of 1st page in actual print out). I have tried to print on different printer, HP ,Epson, Canon and even Arcobat, it seems not a printer driver problem, the print preview paper size and print out paper size setting are both A4 paper. I have sliding setting on my report, can anyone suggest some solution as I am very urgent to solve this big problem.

Thanks,

Damon

damon

After more in-depth diagnosis, the cause is selected sliding option for fields on Body. When sliding is off, everything is print as preview. But when sliding is on, then the print out and preview is not matched.

Please help!

Damon

claude32

Actual Print and Print Preview are not same, and Actual Print is also missing something which is shown while checking print preview. There could be some reasons with the document or the file format(if you have completely checked out the various printers and still showing the same problem) Just make sure the page size is not increasing may be that's why Actual Print is not matching the print preview or try to select each page then take print, that may help.

Niclos

It's a common problem that sometimes Actual Print does not match print preview this situation is sometimes also called incompatibility between the system and the printer that's why the print preview is not on the Actual Print. Just to check on the error press print button and if there is any error try to solve that to get Actual Print. If there is not any error and it's just happening then there could be problem in the software you are using Occasionally it happens that software could be infected and not showing the print preview on Actual Print.

Maarten Witberg

I doubt that the original poster is still waiting for an answer after eight years ;-)

jim32

Well, if you are using everything perfectly, your printer is working and Microsoft word is also working perfectly and at the same time you are not getting the Actual Print of what you are previewing so make sure that Microsoft word may be set on using draft fonts to display text if that’s true then it could be the reason so on the Tools menu, click options and then click the View tab there under Outline and normal options, clear the Draft font check box. After clearing click the print tab. If there is still problem then confirm that then font in your document is available in your printer if not then change the document font to true type font or change the font which is available on your printer there you can get the Actual Print.

Maarten Witberg

three guys, all from NJ, all the same profile info???? all talking off topic on an eight year old thread??? I must say I am miffed. Thread closed.