Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

change # fields into global field

ES

in our database there is a file "descriptions" that hold like 6 fields in which to describe our clients (like "farm and surroundings", route description by car, route description by public transport, etc). In the lay-out next to these six field there a another six in which we put the english fields.

Now I would like to create the possibility to edit these field in different languages. I came as far as thinking this would need some juggling with global fields.

The idea is that in the lay-out I have two colums and above each a "language switch" so that I can place different languages next to eachother for editing.

Hope this is a clear question smile.gif

Hi,

If you want to have just two fields side-by-side and allow users to call up the fields they want to edit, you could indeed use a pair of global text fields for this.

You would, however, have to provide scripts which allowed users to select which field(s) they wished to edit, and stored that selection so that the modified contents (in the globals) can be 'captured' and written back to the approriate data fields when they have finished.

Hi Ray, i get the first part of the question but not the second on, so i try to explain more detailed:

On the left of my lay out i want say six text fields (vertically) and above these a button under which i can select a language (say five languages). On this side i can edit in the fields of the selected language. on the right i have the same column with button to select the reference language. On this side i won't be able to edit.

Does this mean than (if i have six fields and 5 languages) that i have to create a total of 30 fields which i than, in some kind of way, pair in groups of six? confused.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use