Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Work Days and Holidays

Maureen

Hello

I have seen several postings regarding this but frankly I’m not getting it. I have a database where records have a start date an end date and can be placed on hold.

I have the following calculation to determine the workdays M-F minus any on hold time: for some reason I have to take out the parenthesis to post? Does anyone know why?

Int pdcComplete - zc createdDate da / 7 * 5 +

Mod pdcComplete -zc createdDate da, 7 -

Case DayofWeek pdcComplete

The customer would now like me to deduct the holidays from this to come up with an actual work duration they have service level agreements with specific TAT’s,turn around times.

I’ve seen the postings that recommend the relationship to the holidays file, but I’m not sure how to implement this into my calculation.

Thank you for any help that can be offered.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

To integrate a holidays procedure you will need a 'range relationship' to your holidays file. The easiest way to do this is to base the relationship on a field which holds a list of the dates you need to check. Such a list can be assembled by calculation, by script or via a plug-in. There are various examples of range relationships on the web (including several on my own web site) if you're not sure how to go about this.

Once the range relationship is in place, you will then be able to find out how many (if any) of the listed dates are holidays by using a calc expression along the lines of Count(Holidays::Date) where the relationship to the Holidays file is called 'Holidays' and where 'Date' is the name of a mandatory (non-empty) field in the Holidays file. More importantly, by appending - Count(Holidays::Date) to your existing calc you will be able to subtract any holidays which occur among the dates in question from the total work time. wink.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use