Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

WeekOfYear(date)

Maureen

Hello,

I have used this function in a fairly complex inventory report. When we ran it the week of New Years we had a nasty surprise.

Any records with dates from 12/29/2003 through to midnight on 12/31/2003 were set as the 53 week of 2003 and the records from midnight 12/31/2003 to 1/2/2004 are set as the 1st week of 2004.

In retrospect this makes sense because I guess the New Year has to start sometime but it really messed up my reporting because it's splits up an inventory week.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can force this to NOT split weeks like this? I'm hoping for a simpler solution than redesigning the whole report.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maureen

:eek:

Hi Maureen ...

Welcome to the Cafe smile.gif

What day is the first day of your inventory week? Saturday? Sunday? Monday? This would be needed to construct a calculation.

Hi, thanks for the welcome

I think I actually figured it out, but to answer your question Monday is the first day of the week. I used WeekOfYear((zv globalFindDate+(7-DayofWeek(zv globalFindDate))+1)-6) Rather than the WeekOfYear for just the date. I got the idea using this form and a posting about finding a specific day of the week from any date entered.

However, if you have a better solution I'd love to give it a try and thanks for the response.

Hi Maureen,

Glad to hear that you've made progress towards a solution.

FWIW, however, a slightly simpler formula which I think you will find does what you require would be:

WeekofYear(YourDate - DayofWeek(YourDate - 1))

- where YourDate is the field that holds the date you wish to check the week of. wink.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use