Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

insert image into field (image name on another field)

Bergson

Hi,

Here's my situation:

My record has a containerField and an imageNameField (text). The imageNameField has the image name with extension.

Here's my problem:

I'm trying to find a way to:

1- use a calculation on the containerField, or

2- script that takes the imageNameField and appends it to a path (I can hard code this path, or keep it in a reference file/global field).

Pointers on this will save my life :-)

Hi Anatoli,

My goal is to have FM populate the containerField with the right image. I know the path to the directory where all pictures are stored. I know the picture name (including extension) so my reasoning is to get a script or a calculation to populate the records with images.

The problem I have encontered is that with calc fields the result should be of container type this means that the picture should allready be in some field (and it's not it's on a directory). On the other hand I have not been able to find a way to script this (so my best guess is that if it's possible it should be a calc!)

Hope this is clear.

The Troi File Plug-in allows you to embed or link images into a container field based on a file path to the image. This basically automates the "insert picture" script step.

I don't know of any plug-ins that return an image in a container calc field. But, as long as you can script the process, you can programmatically insert images into regular container fields based on filepaths with the Troi plug-in.

Hi Mariano,

In the mean while I found your answer to The Digital Man in Scripmaker and Scripting forum.

So we cannot do this natively on FM we must use plug-in's. I'll check it out.-

Txs for your help guys.

• 3 weeks later...

You could also use the "Insert Picture" function built in Filemaker.

I've to do the same before , and basically i used applescript to make a copy of the image assigned to a record on the desktop , rename that image to "image.jpg" and then use "Insert Picture [image.jpg]"at the end of my script.

If you want more , just ask

Important Information

Terms of Use