Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Checkboxes and Value Lists

robert58

I have one database with several layouts. One for a Quick setup (Summarized info) and one for more Detailed (in a printable Form).

In the quick setup sheet there are serveral fields with dropdown value lists:

Property Type:

SFR

Condo

2 units

3 units

4 units

5+ units

On the Detailed setup sheet there are seprate checkboxes for:

SFR

Condo

2 units

3 units

4 units

5+ units

What I would like to do is: if the Quick setup sheet is used with the Value lists is to update and Checkmark the Detailed setup sheet with the result.

and

If the Detailed Setup sheet is used have it update the Quick setup Sheet. ( example the 4 Units Checkbox is marked that it updates the Quick Setup Sheet 4 unit checkbox is flaged)

HELP......

Robtsf@aol.com

Hi Robert,

Not possible to use the same fields in both layouts? - formatted on one layout as check box, and formatted on the other as drop down menu?

By the way - if this works for you - note that a checkbox can have more than one entry registered, but the same field formatted as a drop down menu will only register the first actual checkbox entry. The alternative is to use the radio buttons to isolate an individual entry.

Wolf

Sorry...maybe I wasn't clear in describing the fields.

The field on the quick setup sheet are:

Property Type

(Text, with a value list, values = SFR

Condo

2 units

3 units

4 units

5+ units)

The Fields on the Detail setup sheet are:

CB_SFR (Text, formatted as seprate Checkbox)

CB_Condo " "

CB_2units " "

CB_3units " "

CB_4units " "

CB_5units " "

These were setup as seprate fields because they are not all in a Horizonal row/line

robert ...

I hope I'm clear on your fields.

It seems you have a single field, "Property Type" on the Quick Setup layout. This is a pop-up menu with a static value list:

SFR

Condo

2 units

3 units

4 units

5+ units

On your Detail Setup layout, you have 6 fields, each matching one of the values in your static pop-up:

SFR

Condo

2 units

3 units

4 units

5+ units

These are displayed as checkboxes.

To accomplish what you want to do, i.e., for the checkbox fields to always reflect the contents of the Property Type field, and for the Property Type field to always match the checkbox field currently set to "true," you have to define all of your fields as buttons and attach scripts to them that will perform various actions based on the user's selections.

I've posted a demo Popup Actions that shows the technique. Download the Attachment and examine the scripts ... it's all pretty self-explanatory. But, if you have any questions, email me or post your questions here.

Good luck! smile.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use