Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Text calculation field returning zero instead of blank

jlmc

Thanks for all your previous help - it has been invaluable! Now, I have another situation I can't figure out, but I'm sure one of you experts can explain and tell me how to fix it.

Background: Three files - Company, Contacts, Estimates. Contacts is related many to 1 to Company on CoID. Estimates is related many to 1 to Company on CoID.

In the Estimates file are fields "Bid Request", "Bid Request1" and Bid Request2". These are pop-up list text fields which pull a list of companies from the Company file based on a specific type. These fields work fine.

There are three corresponding calculation fields "Bid Req. CoID", "Bid Req.1 CoID", and "Bid Req.2 CoID". The calculation is: "If (IsEmpty (Bid Request),"",BidReq.::CoID)" with Calculation result set to Number, so if there is a bid requester, this field grabs the company ID. It seems to work fine.

The problem fields are these: "Bid Req. Contact", "Bid Req.1 Contact", and "Bid Req.2 Contact" which pulls in a pop-up list of the contact names based on the relationship of the Bid Req. CoID field to the CoID in the Contacts file. The Bid Req. Contact field is a calculation: "If (IsEmpty (Bid Req. CoID, "", Bid Req. Contact::Contact) with result set to text. The calculation returns a pop-up list of names if there is a company chosen in the Bid Request field, but returns a zero in the field if the aBid Request field is empty.

I can't get rid of the zeros! Hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks in advance for your help.

"If (IsEmpty (Bid Req. CoID, "", Bid Req. Contact::Contact)
Put an end to the If (Is Empty (Bid Req. CoID ) , "" , Bid Req. Contact::Contact ) --- i.e., add an end parin )
If (Is Empty (Bid Req. CoID ) , "" , Bid Req. Contact::Contact)  

Important Information

Terms of Use