Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

problems with CurrentRecordCount

maura

Hello,

I am trying to use the "Status (CurrentRecordCount)" function to display the number of records I have in my file. The Help describes this function as displaying "A number that represents the total number of records in the current file." This would make me think the number would not change as I scroll through the records, but it does change. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Hi Maura,

I've seen the Status(CurrentRecordCount) function used in countless databases, and have used it myself many times, but I've never seen the result it produces change when scrolling through records - only when adding or deleting records.

Are you sure you haven't used the Status(CurrentRecordNumber) function instead?! - That will change to display the number of the currently active record.

Here's how I have it set up:

A calculation field called "Tank Count". In the calculation window Tank Count = Status(CurrentRecordCount).

There are currently 242 records in the file, but Tank Count consistently reads 64 whenever I open the file. As I scroll through the records from record 1, the number remains at 64 until I get to number 65, when it starts incrementing. The incrementing is not consistent either, however. For example it counts 194, 195, 193, 196. This besides the fact it shouldn't change at all...

Maybe I have the field in the wrong place- it is in the body.

I have an Open script which goes to the data entry layout, zooms the window, and goes to the first record. Maybe this is a problem?

I am sure I am just doing something silly. Any ideas?

Hi Maura,

It sounds like the calculation is *stored* - in which case each record will show what the total count was at the time the calc was created, or when the record was created (whichever was the most recent).

If so, try changing the calculation to unstored and I think you'll find it's a different story. wink.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use