Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Global container fields not holding color

boywonder

I'm pasting colour into my global container fields such that given a change in status, the job will appear in a different shade. However, the global colour container fields dump the colour everytime I log out. Has anyone experienced a similar problem/fix?

thanks

Yes, global fields are shared by the whole database, but each computer has own global set.

The default value in global is the last one saved in database by FM client which directly open the database from disk -- not from server.

Doesn't that negate the function of using a global field across a shared database? Does this need to be saved then on the host machine/server for multiple clients to see the same shading?

Doesn't that negate the function of using a global field across a shared database? Does this need to be saved then on the host machine/server for multiple clients to see the same shading?

It doesn't negate the function.

Global fields share original content with everybody.

After that each user can have private Global field.

If you put number of pages to print into field X for user A as 5 pages, it would be ridiculous to share that value with user B who put into the same field X number 10 pages to print.

You can use another file with single record where you can keep "Global" fields, which will be not Global, but standard fields, very easy to change.

You can link that "Global File" with relation 1 = 1, many records to single record.

HTH.

Important Information

Terms of Use