Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Problem with Global fields

Database Designs of Ohio, Inc.

I have a global field that a new value is being pasted into after each transaction in my database. If I go onto another computer and view this shared file, the global field still has the original value that was in it before I did my transactions on the other system. It looks like it was never changed. Am I making any sense?

Yes, global fields are shared by the whole database, but each computer has own global set.

The default value in global is the last one saved in database by FM client which directly open the database from disk -- not from server.

Each user does NOT have their own values. We are all working off of one payment database.

1. create a Global.fpx file

2. create a calculation(number) that is equal to one in the Global.fpx file named const

3. create the const field in the original database file that you wish to be able to edit the global the same as the one in Global.fpx

4. create a relationship from the original file to the Global.fpx named globalrelationship based on const::const

5. place the globalrelationship::G_Field on the original file layout

6. now use the related fields in Global.fpx as your system globals

This is how I would emulate the global field functionality. I hope this was helpful.

LM

Important Information

Terms of Use