Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Auto Executing a Script with a Password

Garry Bargsley

Good morning everyone.

I have a question that I am in desperate need for resolution.

Every day I have to manually do an import of a file from another system. I have two scripts setup that run. One scripts looks for this file and imports all the records into a blank filemaker database. The second one goes through the records and assigns some values. Then I have to copy the new file over to the server to replace the exsiting file.

My problem is I cannot figure out how to create this process to automatically run at a certain time overnight. I thought about using Windows Task Scheduler, and that will work, except for the fact that I have to enter a password to log into the filemaker file. That is really the issue I need to overcome. In a script, how can I use the correct password when opening a filemaker file that requires a password.

Any help or suggestions on this would be terrific.

Thanks

Garry :eek:

One way to do this would be to create an opener file (which is set - via document preferences - to open with a default password) which, within its open script, opens the second file, then closes itself.

You could then point your Windows Task Scheduler event at the opener file rather than the original file.

Alternatively, you could source one of the third party scheduling plug-ins (eg Activator, SCRIPTit, oAzium Events etc) and have the whole exercise run within FileMaker. cool.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use