Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Opening a different file with a script

schooldataguy

I've been working with FP for 3 years but only in the last year as a developer. I am a newbie to scripts and calcs. I am building an education solution for principals and teacher to view data in a very simple table report format (we call them "wheatfields"). My solution will have a "controller" file to lead users to the grade levels they teach each of which is a separate file in the folder. I know there is a script choice called "Open File." When I scripted this into a mock up controller file, the other test file didn't open. What am I missing here?

Hi there,

if you re in your MAIN file and wish to open an OTHER file, write a script in the OTHER which is a normal opening file (go to Layout X, show all records, zoom, etc.). In your MAIN file write a script which is Perform Script [sub-scripts,External: "Other.fp5"] and select the opening script you made in the OTHER file.

This is the standard way of opening another file, or running any script in another file... Filmaker simply opens it for you so the script can be run.

Important Information

Terms of Use