Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Count Subsummary

paulo.casa

Question

Hi

If I have a subsummary (A) and this subsummary have another level of  subsummary (B), how can I count on subsummary A the number of occurences of the subsummary B? 

3 answers to this question

On 8/18/2020 at 6:33 PM, Steve Martino said:

How about you show us some screenshots and a better description about what 'A' & 'B' are suppose to represent?

Hi

The goal is to count, on the green subsummary, the number of yellow occurences , no mather what is inside the yellow.

Thanks for the support.

Paulo

Screen_01.JPG

The distinction between one yellow bar and the next appears to be the date, yes?  So for any green bar (Year, I assume) if you have a head-count of all the dates for which actual records (white bars) exist, that's your number.

One approach is to make a calcfield abstracting out the year (hence it returns "2020" for any date in the year 2020), selfjoin it across your table to make a 2nd table occurrence, call it ByYear or some such thing; then you can define a value list of related values of ByYear::Date, which gives you non-repeating list; then you can use   ValueCount (ValueListItems (Get(FileName); "YourValueList")) and that's the number for your green bar.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.