Sign in to follow this  
AHunter3

Study Guide / Course for Getting Certified in 19?

AHunter3

Back in the day, there was a tome that tended to be titled Mastering the Essentials of FileMaker XX where XX was the version number they were up to at the time.

I'm thinking this is a good time to buckle down and study and get myself certified again, but I'm not seeing the current tome.  I wouldn't totally reject a paid course or video instrux, but I do quite well with words printed on paper and the whole self-pacing thing.

What's out there, officially and un, for those of us who want to put "Certified FileMaker 19 Developer" on our shingle?

Josh Ormond

As of right now, the last certification was for 18. Claris has a study guide for 16-18. https://www.claris.com/resources/certification/docs/fm18_certification_study_guide_en.pdf

It has links to take you to the areas they focus on, along with some prep questions to help you get the flow of how the questions are asked. 

I'm not sure yet what they will be doing with 19. Since 19 will be the last "version" release, and they are move to a more frequent release cycle and a 2 year support policy, there will definitely be changes. As of my last conversations with people at Claris, there hasn't been a public decision made quite yet. Their focus at the moment is getting Claris Engage going for early August.

AHunter3

Yeah, I saw and downloaded that.  But that's a 21 page PDF.  The tome I recall studying from back in the day was more like an 800 page kind of thing.

Josh Ormond

They stopped making the FileMaker Training Series around FM 16.

They moved all "training" to the Custom App Academy.