benjmark1958

Deleting 1 record deletes ALL records?

benjmark1958

I checked several other prior data draft bases and the relationships are the same and some delete all and some don't..

AHunter3

Can you upload an empty (and password-removed) clone of your database?

NOTES:  It does indeed seem most likely that a relationship is involved, one that is set up so that when a record is deleted, it deletes the corresponding related records — and my guess is that under some (but not all) circumstances, a record can be related to all the others and hence takes them all with it when it goes.

You said (in the thread title) that Deleting 1 record deletes ALL records.  I assume you mean "in the same table"?  If so, that implies a self-join relationship, or else a daisy-chain of relationships where a second table occurrence of the main table exists on your graph, attached to a child table in such a way that some child records could have all of the records in the main table — via the second table occurrence — as related records.

synergy46

check your relationship.  is it cartesian?   ie, one delete removes allrelated records?????? ron

synergy46

the problem i have is 'how do i delete just the selected navigation portal record and just the related parent record????