Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Average Age over several records

ClinicArt

Greetings, FM Community,

A question from a new beginner:

In my Main database, I have defined an "Age" calculation field based on a person's date of birth. It changes or updates automatically.

The Age value is "looked up" automatically into a second database for the many people reported in many records.

I would like to find the "Average Age" of the people in the records and render this in a Summary part.

Any ideas? Simple solutions are best for me...I am a beginner and a little "long in the tooth."

Thank you!

There is a type of summary field specifically defined as "average".  Create a summary field; the field you are summarizing is your Age field; the TYPE of summary you want to create is "average".

Good morning, FM Community,

Your time permitting, could someone tell me how to prevent FM from putting newly defined Fields onto my layout? I want to put them where they belong, and by automatically appearing, the shift my layout design. 

Thank you, and stay healthy, safe and peaceful.

Art

It's a global setting in FileMaker:  FileMaker menu (MacOS) or Edit menu (Windows) --> Preferences --> Layout.  Uncheck stupid setting "automatically add new fields to layout"

Important Information

Terms of Use