Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Scripting with Go To Related Record with New Card window.

Tristan

Running a script that opens a Card with the Go To Related Record (GTRR). Inside this Card is a Portal where the user would select one of the many addresses on file. On selection i want the previous script executed to continue.

How does GTRR operate within a script that is executed? Will the script pause until a selection is made? or would i have to program it?

So far I have a pause script after the GTRR. Then i have a Button Script on the Portal for it to set variable to  the Location (loc_id) an well as close the window and placed another pause/resume script command in hopes that it would continue the primary script. But it isn't working

Main Script

image.thumb.png.2afcc8905c96e27125ba9dcb9ba8b928.png

and script on the portal button

image.png.0b361a479d9722f46258419474e4fc5c.png

If anybody can give feed back on what i can do to make this work.

Thank you in Advance.

I Solved my own problem. I shortly realized after this post that once you run another script it stops the script you were running. So to combat this is what I needed up with.

I created a if command that would show the card and then halt the script.

image.thumb.png.9880a09bb5e0435b0ede2b215fa6b5a7.png

Once the User selected on the Address on the Portal row it would run another script but added a Perform Script and directed to the above original script. (only extra thing was to change the $locid to a global variable ($$locid). Please don't forget to change all your Set Fields. or  you can just do a Set Variable [$locid ; Value: $$locid ] if there are to many to change.

Here is what i did on the Card layout Script when Portal button was selected.

image.thumb.png.497917cc4ecd66220462af28beda0a93.png

Once $$locid had a Value in it. It would bypass the IF Command.

:)

Important Information

Terms of Use