The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
JohnFranklin

SLOW IMPORT INTO CONTAINER FIELD

JohnFranklin

I have a problem with a very slow import into a container field on a Windows hosted solution. The jpeg file is about 40 to 60 KB.  I often get the "not responding" message during the import.  A single file is being imported from the local drive. Outside of this issue, the database operation is normal.  It's a signature pad application that I use on almost all of my solutions. This is the first time that I have experienced this problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

John

AHunter3

Are you saying you have imported other JPEG files of 40-60 KB into this hosted solution without problems and now this individual specific JPEG is causing problems?  Or are you saying you have imported JPEGS like this into other solutions you've hosted on the same host and they worked fine but in this one database the imports are as slow as hell?  Or are you saying you have imported JPEGs into other solutions you've hosted in a variety of settings but on THIS host THIS database tends to have really slow sludgy imports?

It matters, this distinction.  Is the slowdown specific to the file, to the solution, or to the host box?

JohnFranklin

" Or are you saying you have imported JPEGs into other solutions you've hosted in a variety of settings but on THIS host THIS database tends to have really slow sludgy imports?"

Yes it's host related 

Thanks for your reply.