mjhnson24

International phone format

mjhnson24

I been looking for a phone number formatter that would not only format for U.S. numbers but all international numbers as well. Currently i use fnPhone but we have locations that are in non u.S. countries and have different numbers like +52  etc etc. Need to see if there is a way to format all international numbers or no?

Currently the only way i know to fix this is have a check box stating its international and if its checked then the phone number field doesnt get reformatted with the fnPhone function and stays exactly as it was entered.

Josh Ormond

It's a tricky one. Programmatically, you might be able to match the area/city they live in to figure out what to use, but you would likely have to store that stuff in a table to decide what format to use. And storing a country with the phone number data may also be needed. I've not seen anything recently that handles a lot of international numbers, but I haven't looked for it either.