mjhnson24

Print setup step issue

mjhnson24

I have a script that needs to print from printer 1 that prints one size labels and it selects the printer in the print setup for it but that script performs a subscript that needs to print from a different label printer. If i do a print setup step in it then if i change the printer in it, it also changes the print setup step in the root script.

So basically if i change the printer in print setup in root script it sets the sub scripts print setup to the same thing and vice versa. This is not the way i need it. It needs to be able to choose the printer to print to without a dialog coming up to select it manually when looping through a bunch of records.

Steve Martino

Uh....What?

How about you show the script and the sub script?

What type of computer, what type of printers, what version of FileMaker, etc., etc.  Those are the important details.

mjhnson24

Ill show the scripts once i can capture them. But the main script has 1 print setup step and the sub script has 2. if i change the printer in the main script then the 2 in the sub script change to reflect the same change. 

Computer: Mac Pro desktop tower.

Printers: Zebra 602. It's a label printer. Others in the office are just standard deskjet or laser printers

Filemaker: FM 17