-dp-

Create and send PDF without saving to disk?

-dp-

For each record in the found set, I need to create a mail-merge letter as PDF, and email the PDF. I can save the PDF to disk, then have the Send Mail function pick it up as an attachment, but then I would have to mop up the PDFs left on the disk. Is there a way to script the creation and sending of the PDF in a manner that doesn't leave anything on the disk? Thanks.

FMPA 18
macOS 10.14.6

-dp-

Never mind. I found a solution that I had developed for another application, and was able to adapt it. For the benefit of someone else who has a similar need, the following script worked for me. Navigate to the layout from which you plan to generate the PDF, then...

Set Variable [ $_filename ; Value: <nameLastFirst> ]
Set Variable [ $_filepath; Value: Get (TemporaryPath ) & "/" & $_filename & ".pdf" ]
Save Records as PDF [ Restore ; With dialog: Off ; "$_filepath" ; Current record ; Create folders: Off ]
Send Mail [Send via E-mail Client ; With dialog: On ; Subject: "<whatever>" ; Message: "<whatever>" ; "$_filepath" ]

This opens an email with the PDF attached, but does not (apparently) leave any debris behind. This configuration is for a single record, but the hard part is done.

Important Information

Terms of Use