smb avi

Corrupted file will not save as or recover

smb avi

I manage a trade association.  I have the main database of individual records (2065).  I use related files for membership payment, workshop attendance, conference attendance and a large file to track continuing education.    This morning the related file from the database to the workshops would not open using my script button.  The workshop file did open from the "File" menu.   I tried to export a list of workshop attendees and it wouldn't work.    I tried to save a copy (compressed) of the workshop file and also the main database but it will not let me do that.   When trying to do the save as or recover, it says "C:\...../Documents/FMP12/Database IOWWA recovered.fmp12.   File not found.  Check the file name and try again."    I know that you have to go out of the file source (it can't be saved in the same file location).    As part of the work for this client I maintain a credentialing program for over 560 persons so this data is critical.

Josh Ormond

Are these files hosted on FileMaker Server? Or were you opening them locally on your computer? Do you have backups?

• Like 1

smb avi

Josh - they are not on a server and are local on my laptop.   Once I realized all my FMP12 files had a problem, I just did an uninstall and reinstall of FMP12.   I did have backups but they wouldn't work either.  I tried to open some past client files and they did work either  So after a very frustrating and stressful day, the problem is solved!    One good thing is that I found this forum and FMT has been great.   

• Like 1