Welcome the ORIGINAL FileMaker Community

Take a moment to join us, no noise, all FileMaker...We Promise

itstooloud

Report Summary Fields Greyed Out

itstooloud

I'm trying to do a very basic report because I'm new to this and just trying to understand. I used the New Layout/Report feature to do what should be an incredibly simple output. It looks a lot like MS Access where you group by something and then loop through multiple records, in this case LineItem Quantity and LineItem Price per Order, then display the totals of those underneath. There should be two of each LQ and LP per this order, and I want to see the total of each of those at the end of the order. Both LP and LQ are numeric fields and not indexed, and yet I can't add either as a summary field as they're greyed out. I did some googling about this and I think it might be a bug. Pretty big bug if that's true. Little help? Thanks1941547704_GreyedOut.png.7bbf7d90b277221a06e18d5f7c20f658.png

doughemi

Your description is not too clear, but is this what you are looking for?

itstooloud.fmp12

itstooloud

Thank you, I’ll check this out. I think the problem I was having is that in Access, you make the calculation right on the report, i.e. There’s no need to add a summary field to the table. It’s counter to the principles of database design, which  is OK, and I understand FM works like that a lot, but I have to get used to solving problems with that in mind